Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help - two Apple ID - iCloud Music

For years. I had an Apple account with yahoo email. I bought a bunch of music with it over the years.

For the last 3 years I’ve had my ‘real’ iCloud account with an iCloud email. This account family shares with my kids.

When logged into Apple Music on Mac. I use the yahoo account with my purchased music (so I can see it).

How can I see my iCloud account (iCloud email) on Apple Music on Mac???? I can only be logged into one account (and I use yahoo so I can see purchased music).

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 4:05 PM

“My question is this…. does it hurt anything to log out of one account in iTunes and log into the other? repeatedly.”

No, there will be no impact.

“I did add Yahoo apple id to my family share with my iCloud apple id as main one.”

And does this allow you to share purchased iTunes content between the two Apple IDs? More specifically, purchases made on the Yahoo! Apple ID are available to the other Apple IDs?

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2020 4:05 PM in response to JMG_GIdoc

“My question is this…. does it hurt anything to log out of one account in iTunes and log into the other? repeatedly.”

No, there will be no impact.

“I did add Yahoo apple id to my family share with my iCloud apple id as main one.”

And does this allow you to share purchased iTunes content between the two Apple IDs? More specifically, purchases made on the Yahoo! Apple ID are available to the other Apple IDs?

Nov 1, 2020 10:52 PM in response to JMG_GIdoc

I hope I have understood your issue correctly and & maybe this will help clarify things:

You have only one Apple ID - this is the yahoo email address.

When one creates an Apple ID - also automatically an iCloud Account is created for free and associated with that Apple ID.

One of the features of iCloud is an iCloud email address. (This is different from the Apple ID).

So that is how things are setup at your end: a yahoo email address that is your Apple ID ... and an iCloud email address that is a feature of iCloud (associated with your Apple ID).

You can change your Apple ID (change it from the yahoo email to some other email address - even to your iCloud email, as long as the latter was not used to create another Apple ID). To do so, see Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Nov 2, 2020 10:11 PM in response to JMG_GIdoc

JMG_GIdoc wrote:

Thanks Sibah. I didn't explain well.

Apple ID 1. used for years and made many purchases over the years of music and movies.

Apple ID 2. used more recently and is my 'main' account I family share with kids.

On my mac, I have music and movies logged in with Account 1.
This means I can't see or use Account 2 on the mac since music/movies only allow one log in.

So I can't access my Account 2 play lists and such on my mac since music/movies is logged into Account 1.

Any solutions?
Thanks.

Thank-you for the clarification!

So you have two Apple IDs and you want to share/access content between the two?

Currently, you cannot transfer purchases made from one Apple ID to another one because Apple does not permit it. So purchases you have made on your yahoo.com Apple ID cannot be transferred to your iCloud Apple ID.

You are, already, it seems, using Family Sharing where your newer iCloud Apple ID is the Family Organizer. Besides your children's accounts, is your yahoo.com Apple ID also a part of this Family Sharing plan?

If yes, you should be able to share certain content between the two Apple IDs that are a part one Family Sharing plan.

See this: What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

Also, note : If your iTunes Library contains CD rips or music not purchased directly via your iTunes account, that would not be available to other family members, you would have to copy it to their Mac/PC/iTunes manually.

Nov 2, 2020 10:52 AM in response to Siabh

Thanks Sibah. I didn't explain well.

Apple ID 1. used for years and made many purchases over the years of music and movies.

Apple ID 2. used more recently and is my 'main' account I family share with kids.

On my mac, I have music and movies logged in with Account 1.

This means I can't see or use Account 2 on the mac since music/movies only allow one log in.

So I can't access my Account 2 play lists and such on my mac since music/movies is logged into Account 1.

Any solutions?

Thanks.

Nov 5, 2020 3:27 PM in response to Siabh

Dear Siabh,

Thanks so much for this. I did add Yahoo apple id to my family share with my iCloud apple id as main one.

My question is this…. does it hurt anything to log out of one account in iTunes and log into the other? repeatedly.

On my yahoo id, I have a cash balance - so if I wanted to buy something (song/movie) it makes sense to use that account. So log out of iCloud on iTunes on mac… log into yahoo id iTunes on mac, make purchase, then log back into iCloud iTunes on mac. Would that confuse or screw things up?

Help - two Apple ID - iCloud Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.