Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone buttons not working on iPad mini (14.0.1), but works fine on iPhone 6 (12.4.8)?

As the question says, when I try to use the headphone buttons with my iPad, they don't work. Yet when I use them with my iPhone, they work just fine.

How can I fix this?

iPad mini, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 2:17 AM

3 replies

Nov 5, 2020 3:41 PM in response to pei-pei139

Hello pei-pei139,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this issue you're having with the headphone buttons not working on your iPad. We'd like to gather some more info, so we will better know how to assist you with this. Does the iPad recognize that the headphones are connected? Do you hear any audio at all using the headphones with the iPad? If you are experiencing any of these issues, get some steps to fix your trouble here:

If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your trouble persists, get in touch with Apple Support for further assistance:

Get Support

We hope this helps you.

Have a great day!

Headphone buttons not working on iPad mini (14.0.1), but works fine on iPhone 6 (12.4.8)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.