Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Earphone buttons stopped working but audio and mic is good

Hi,

I just noticed during the past couple of days that the buttons on the wired earphones that came with my iPhone SE2 has stopped working.

The earphone's mic and audio still works great, I just can't use the +/- buttons to increase/decrease my phone's volume or press and hold the answer button to skip to the next song when using Spotify or any other multimedia apps.

The only notable change I did to my iPhone before this happened was to update the iOS version to the latest one (iOS 14.4.2 as of this writing) so perhaps, maybe some settings on my phone were changed when I did the update that could have caused the earphone buttons to stop working?

Anyway, my question is, does the iPhone have a setting available that will allow a user to disable button functions on an earphone?

I tried looking for it myself in Settings but can't seem to find one.

Appreciate any help or suggestions that the community can provide.

Thanks.

iPhone SE

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 10:13 AM

Hello,

I'm not aware of any setting for that. See this:

Use Apple headphones with your iPhone, iPad, and iPod - Apple Support

One thing that you might check is the charging port for lint or otters debris. That could affect the functioning of the buttons:

How to clean your iPhone's charging port

Good luck.

1 reply

Earphone buttons stopped working but audio and mic is good

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.