Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Health App, iCloud Backup and Restore

I was using iPhone 7 Plus for 4 years and 2 weeks back (on 17/Oct/2020) I purchased a new iPhone 11 with a trade-in option with Apple India online store.

I was syncing & backing up all my data on my old phone with iCloud (I had purchased additional storage in iCloud). I had my health data for the past 4 years on my old iPhone 7 Plus - It had logged all my activities, steps taken, walking distance and floors climbed amongst other data. This was great as it gave me weekly / monthly and yearly averages and it was an indicator for my workout routine.

As I had enabled iCloud sync and backup, I was at peace thinking that my data is safe in Apple Servers, till I used my new phone. 

After I unboxed my new iPhone 11, I used ‘Restore from iCloud backup’ option as that would save me from the hassle of installing and configuring all apps that I used in my old iPhone. Also, I wanted to ensure, all my data is restored in my new iPhone 11 so that I start fast with my new phone.

Restoration worked beautifully - all my apps installed automatically, with all configuration in place. So far it was good. I started checking each application and was happy that it was a smooth process.

Then came the shocker. I checked my health app and found my details (name, blood group, height, weight etc etc) in place but my activity data was missing. It had only one day data - that of 17/Oct/2020 - the day I switched over to my new iPhone. All my activity data was gone.

I was shocked and was at a loss. I raised a support ticket and a support executive helped to get lot of logs / debugging data but gave up saying, he (rather Apple) not able to retrieve my data.

What's the resolution to this issue? How do I get my data back?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 8:00 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 2, 2020 10:34 AM in response to rkravi

If you are certain Health was turned on via Settings > Name > iCloud > Health, then that data would not be a part of the backup but would be stored in iCloud. Therefore, when you sign to the iPhone 11 with your Apple ID and enabled your iCloud apps (Settings > Name > iCloud > apps), your data should've synced to the new device.

When you were syncing the data, do you remember if it was interrupted? Did you leave the device alone and allow it to fully sync?

Nov 2, 2020 9:21 PM in response to zinacef

Yes, I'm more than certain that iCloud was enabled for my Health app. I was using it for the last 4 years. This is the same setting on my old phone as well as my new phone. The fact that I have one day data (the day when I restored my backup).

There was absolutely no interruption during the syncing / restoration of data. It was done smoothly without any intervention. It was fully synced and my iphone 11 was up with all my apps on my old phone restored completely.

Apple Health App, iCloud Backup and Restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.