Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“iMessage and iCloud accounts don’t match” 2020

“iMessage and iCloud accounts don’t match”

I can’t retrieve my text messages, I get a pop-up stating my accounts do not match. First of all, I don’t have a different “account” for iMessage and I have never, ever changed my username (which is my iCloud email address). Going into settings > Messages > signout of iCloud DOES NOT WORK. Signing in and out of iCloud ANYWHERE, does NOT work in ANY area of settings. What is the problem? Why does this have to be so complicated?

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 5:17 PM

The “solutions” presented in that thread do not work. I have only ever had one Apple ID/iCloud username, I don’t have, nor have I ever had multiple phone numbers or a secondary/alternative Apple ID/iCloud usernames, iCloud username capitalization is correct and matches exactly, I do not have not have I ever had multiple phone numbers or iCloud usernames listed in Message settings under “send and receive”, logging in and out of iCloud does not work, turning my phone off and on does not work, factory resetting my entire phone does not work.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 5:17 PM in response to zinacef

The “solutions” presented in that thread do not work. I have only ever had one Apple ID/iCloud username, I don’t have, nor have I ever had multiple phone numbers or a secondary/alternative Apple ID/iCloud usernames, iCloud username capitalization is correct and matches exactly, I do not have not have I ever had multiple phone numbers or iCloud usernames listed in Message settings under “send and receive”, logging in and out of iCloud does not work, turning my phone off and on does not work, factory resetting my entire phone does not work.

“iMessage and iCloud accounts don’t match” 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.