Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blurry pictures on camera iphone 12 pro

iPhone 12 pro has blurry pictures from camera

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 10:12 AM

I think i have found the solution to fix it.

To explain my situation.

i'm also affected by the blurry image syndrome on my iphone 12 pro. now for me this issue only occurs on my main camera. the 1x. the wide camera and tele work just fine.

one minute i open the camera app and everything works fine on my screen

and the other all my images are blurry. meaning i cant take photos with my main camera. wide and telephoto work just fine.

my problem is it comes and goes as it pleases and it always occurs when i really want to capture that magic moment with the kids or dog or anything else i want to capture. i wanted to show a buddy of mine the issue but ofcourse in that moment the main camera worked fine. i also i cant replicate it.

What i noticed is that I always have the mute switch on on the left side of my iphone 12 pro.

When I opened up the camera app just now to try to take a pic of our dog and saw it was again blurry/fuzzy/out of focus. :(

I don't know why but when I flipped the mute switch to off it immediately snapped back in to focus.

Now why the mute switch has any relation with taking a sharp image I truly don't know.

If there are any Apple geniuses on here or customer service reps you might want to take a look at this.

To all the people who have the blurry image issues please give my fix a try.

It worked for me!

112 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2020 10:12 AM in response to Zea6

I think i have found the solution to fix it.

To explain my situation.

i'm also affected by the blurry image syndrome on my iphone 12 pro. now for me this issue only occurs on my main camera. the 1x. the wide camera and tele work just fine.

one minute i open the camera app and everything works fine on my screen

and the other all my images are blurry. meaning i cant take photos with my main camera. wide and telephoto work just fine.

my problem is it comes and goes as it pleases and it always occurs when i really want to capture that magic moment with the kids or dog or anything else i want to capture. i wanted to show a buddy of mine the issue but ofcourse in that moment the main camera worked fine. i also i cant replicate it.

What i noticed is that I always have the mute switch on on the left side of my iphone 12 pro.

When I opened up the camera app just now to try to take a pic of our dog and saw it was again blurry/fuzzy/out of focus. :(

I don't know why but when I flipped the mute switch to off it immediately snapped back in to focus.

Now why the mute switch has any relation with taking a sharp image I truly don't know.

If there are any Apple geniuses on here or customer service reps you might want to take a look at this.

To all the people who have the blurry image issues please give my fix a try.

It worked for me!

Dec 27, 2020 2:09 AM in response to Judy Nydell

Hi!

I was looking around why some photo, especially on portrait mode, were blurry.

did many tests and changed settings. Also tried other camera apps to see if it would help.

with these settings, the focus works much better, also in portrait. Try disabling everything for the photos. See screenshot. Hope it helps for you.

also I learned that portrait works best with bright, outside light.

Dec 29, 2020 10:05 PM in response to Judy Nydell

I have the same camera problem with my new 12 pro. I had an iPhone I 11, and I loved taking pictures, and mostly they look fantastic. I decided to upgrade to 12 pro only for the camera, as I believed this would be one of the significant updates. Unfortunately, now I'm at the point to downgrade bake to iPhone 11 pro. I have also notice that when uploading photos to a story on Facebook, it make the image very blurry and dim the colors:

Mar 5, 2021 8:58 PM in response to CaitCampLand

I have been struggling with this for months… I finally got Verizon to swap out my phones. The new one seems to be a little bit better, but you will never get an on blurry close-up. I’m going to attach screenshots of my camera settings. It’s adequate at best. Next to my daughters 11, it seems to be a little better whereas before, it was definitely worse. Apple screwed the pooch on this.

blurry pictures on camera iphone 12 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.