Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE 2020 Overheats

Is there a reason my IPhone SE has been overheating so much? I got it 6 months ago and overall, it’s gotten very hot. The ambient temperature is usually around 70 degrees Fahrenheit, but I was playing Minecraft on it while charging and it got so hot that the temperature icon came up and I had to stop playing. Overall, it gets warm and sometimes when it’s in my pocket, not being used I can feel it heat up. Any ideas?

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 6:14 PM

Those issues you describe are two different issues. Using Minecraft, especially when plugged in would generate a great deal of heat for 1)charging, 2)excess processor power for the game. The iPhone dissipates the heat from the processor and charging through the case, so if you have a case on, it will just increase the heat as well. It getting warm in your pocket has to be something else. You can go to Settings>Battery and see what app(s) are using the most battery and troubleshoot from there.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 6:14 PM in response to Sam_VanLonkhuyzen

Those issues you describe are two different issues. Using Minecraft, especially when plugged in would generate a great deal of heat for 1)charging, 2)excess processor power for the game. The iPhone dissipates the heat from the processor and charging through the case, so if you have a case on, it will just increase the heat as well. It getting warm in your pocket has to be something else. You can go to Settings>Battery and see what app(s) are using the most battery and troubleshoot from there.

iPhone SE 2020 Overheats

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.