Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attach pictures to a paragraph in Pages

I would like to attach my pictures to the piece of text that goes with it in Pages. How can I do this? All I see is that you can lock your image and keep it on the page. But I want the image to stick to a particular paragraph.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 11:55 AM

"Lock" in terms of an object could be translated to "immovable"

A Locked object cannot be moved.

An object set to 'move with text" must be able to move if text added above the text to which the object is pinned pushes that text further down the document.

In the View menu, choose Show invisibles. The 'pin' indicated by the red arrow shows where the image is anchored in the text.

I clicked this location before pasting the image into the document.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2020 11:55 AM in response to jendmr

"Lock" in terms of an object could be translated to "immovable"

A Locked object cannot be moved.

An object set to 'move with text" must be able to move if text added above the text to which the object is pinned pushes that text further down the document.

In the View menu, choose Show invisibles. The 'pin' indicated by the red arrow shows where the image is anchored in the text.

I clicked this location before pasting the image into the document.

Nov 4, 2020 10:03 AM in response to jendmr

Images pasted into a Pages document are automatically set to "Move with text," which should exhibit the behaviour you desire.

If the image setting has changed to Stay on Page, you can reset it to Move with text by selecting the image, clicking the format brush to open the inspector panel in the right sidebar, clicking Arrange, then Move with text.

Regards,

Barry

Attach pictures to a paragraph in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.