Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving text messages as email

Our family just got new iPhones and my wife is receiving the Text Messages from me and my daughter as email. I check her Message app settings and under Send and Receive it is her phone number. This just started happening today as I previously sent her a text and she received as a text not an email.

She has an iPhone SE 2020. We have iPhone 11.

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 1:34 PM

If you check to ensure that iMessage is activated and Group Messaging is turned on. You may also need to take the message thread that doesn't work and delete it completely on all devices and start over.

6 replies

Nov 4, 2020 10:46 AM in response to dmthomas49

Are you sharing Apple IDs? If so, that needs to change. Check the settings for All devices using iMessage and make sure they are all properly activated, and they have the phone numbers set as send & receive. But, if you are sharing Apple IDs, you will continue to have problems. You will need to change to each person having an individual ID and using Family Sharing. See this, Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Receiving text messages as email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.