Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swapping Apple IDs

I have two Apple IDs A (xxxx@mac.com) and B (yyyy@foo.com). The first I use for iCloud the second i use for subscriptions and media purchases. (Yes, this is a legacy of the old Mac/iTunes account nonsense.)

What I want to do is associate the email address xxxx@mac.com with Apple ID B and (eventually) delete Apple ID A. There are no purchases associated with Apple ID A, so I won’t lose access to anything. All of my purchases are associated with Apple ID B.

Can I do this?

1. Set the email of Apple ID A to placeholder@foo.com (i have access to this email account)
  2. Set the email of Apple ID B to xxxx@mac.com
  3. Use Apple ID B for iCloud functions with email address xxxx@mac.com
  4. Delete Apple ID A

I cannot see any reason why I can’t do this, but I wonder of anyone else has ever tried to do this.

Diane

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 11:26 AM

You cannot transfer any @icloud.com, @me.com or@mac.com address to another AppleID. That is simply not possible.

Your @mac.com address is nothing more than an alias to the iCloud account it is tied to -> iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Swapping Apple IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.