Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad died randomly and won't turn on for a few days

Hi guys,

Over the last month or so, my ipad pro has randomly crashed during use (procreate, imovie etc) with no warning.

The crash would begin with the iPad turning itself off and restarting again.

More recently tho, whenever the iPad crashes mid-use, it would be dead for a few days and it would randomly reboot when it decides it wants to work again.

When it is dead, nothing that I do can turn it on e.g. holding home and power down, can't connect to itunes etc

Over the last few crashes, I would see the following screen (see picture below). But the screen is fine after a while.

Can someone help me here? I would go days where the iPad is dead and it would randomly start up and I would be able to use it for less than a day before it crashes.

I've never had a problem watching YouTube videos or Netflix but it crashes often when I use imovie or procreate.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 10:57 AM

You can see this, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support but looking at that image, you have more going on than just the iPad dying.

5 replies

Ipad died randomly and won't turn on for a few days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.