Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cracking sound macbookair speakers

Whenever I get in a zoom meeting, I have a 50/50 chance that my sound from my speakers is cracking. Also the other people in the meeting here my voice but with the cracking sounds in the background. I checked if the problem had something to do with my LAN cable, but that is not the case. Also tried it with WiFi but don't think that's it. I also have this problem when I play music on spotify. Does anyone know if it's my laptop and what I can do about it? I tried zoom my other mac but didnt have any problems with that.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 7:12 AM

Hi mette199,

It seems you're having trouble with your integrated speakers and we can help.

Since this issue is only happening on your MacBook Air, it's unlikely to be an issue with the network. Great job isolating that portion of the issue.

Try to reset the SMC to see if the integrated mic and speakers respond to that. Be sure to unplug any accessories:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Test your music apps and try again.

If need be, follow the steps here:

If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working - Apple Support

Good luck.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2020 7:12 AM in response to mette199

Hi mette199,

It seems you're having trouble with your integrated speakers and we can help.

Since this issue is only happening on your MacBook Air, it's unlikely to be an issue with the network. Great job isolating that portion of the issue.

Try to reset the SMC to see if the integrated mic and speakers respond to that. Be sure to unplug any accessories:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Test your music apps and try again.

If need be, follow the steps here:

If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working - Apple Support

Good luck.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

cracking sound macbookair speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.