Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just bought a new I-Phone 12 and I-Phone 12 Pro. We feel like we tried everything but cannot get the ringer volume to adjust up to an acceptable level.st up

Just bought a new I-Phone 12 and I-Phone 12 Pro. We feel like we've tried everything but cannot get the ringer volume to adjust up to an acceptable level. Sometimes, it just goes to voicemail and we cannot hear the ring at all. Also, the one time we got it to work (at an acceptable volume) it rang ok then quickly dropped to a lower volume. Our research indicates that this may be a built-in feature that comes from the facial recognition option on the phone. Please understand, my wife and I are transitioning from I-Phones 6s and 5c respectively. So, it' obvious, we need help.

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 3:03 PM

WAY2TIRED wrote:

Just bought a new I-Phone 12 and I-Phone 12 Pro. We feel like we've tried everything but cannot get the ringer volume to adjust up to an acceptable level. Sometimes, it just goes to voicemail and we cannot hear the ring at all. Also, the one time we got it to work (at an acceptable volume) it rang ok then quickly dropped to a lower volume. Our research indicates that this may be a built-in feature that comes from the facial recognition option on the phone. Please understand, my wife and I are transitioning from I-Phones 6s and 5c respectively. So, it' obvious, we need help.

Yes that is correct if you're using face id, and you get a phone call and look at your phone it will detect that you're looking to see who is calling thus, it lowers the volume.

IF you do not like that feature, go to settings - face id and password - turn of Attention Aware Features.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2020 3:03 PM in response to WAY2TIRED

WAY2TIRED wrote:

Yes that is correct if you're using face id, and you get a phone call and look at your phone it will detect that you're looking to see who is calling thus, it lowers the volume.

IF you do not like that feature, go to settings - face id and password - turn of Attention Aware Features.

Just bought a new I-Phone 12 and I-Phone 12 Pro. We feel like we tried everything but cannot get the ringer volume to adjust up to an acceptable level.st up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.