Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted email

About 3 or 4 weeks ago my iphone stopped recognizing that emails had been deleted from Outlook via my PC. In other words, I view emails on my PC in Outlook, delete the junk, and they are not deleted from my iphone, and instead still show as unread in my inbox. Never used to be the case, but now I have to delete unwanted messages twice if I look at them on my PC first.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 8:14 PM

Hey Mgoblue6,

If we understand correctly, changes you make with your Outlook email account on your Windows PC do not appear in the Mail account on your iPhone. We want to help with this how we can. Do you use an app on your computer to check your email? If so, does using the Outlook webmail portal show your changes? If not, you'll want to work with Window or Outlook support to see how to get your PC to connect up with the servers again.

If you do see the changes or are already using the Outlook webmail portal, restart your iPhone to see if that helps: Restart your iPhone

If not, delete the account and add it back to see if fresh connections help: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know how that goes.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2020 8:14 PM in response to Mgoblue6

Hey Mgoblue6,

If we understand correctly, changes you make with your Outlook email account on your Windows PC do not appear in the Mail account on your iPhone. We want to help with this how we can. Do you use an app on your computer to check your email? If so, does using the Outlook webmail portal show your changes? If not, you'll want to work with Window or Outlook support to see how to get your PC to connect up with the servers again.

If you do see the changes or are already using the Outlook webmail portal, restart your iPhone to see if that helps: Restart your iPhone

If not, delete the account and add it back to see if fresh connections help: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know how that goes.

Take care.

Deleted email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.