Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro - Screen Just Died

Has anyone seen an issue where the screen on the iPhone 12 Pro just became totally unresponsive?

I was using my phone, set it on my desk, and the next time I picked it up the screen would not turn on. At first I thought the phone had just turned off, but then I realized that my Apple Watch showed it was still connected. Using the ping feature on my watch I was able to ping the phone and it responded. I then called from my other phone and the 12 Pro rings and vibrates.

Oddly in addition to the screen not responding the phone is not being recognized by iTunes on my PC either.

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 3:42 PM

mpfletcher wrote:

Has anyone seen an issue where the screen on the iPhone 12 Pro just became totally unresponsive?

I was using my phone, set it on my desk, and the next time I picked it up the screen would not turn on. At first I thought the phone had just turned off, but then I realized that my Apple Watch showed it was still connected. Using the ping feature on my watch I was able to ping the phone and it responded. I then called from my other phone and the 12 Pro rings and vibrates.

Oddly in addition to the screen not responding the phone is not being recognized by iTunes on my PC either.

follow steps here If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2020 3:42 PM in response to mpfletcher

mpfletcher wrote:

follow steps here If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Nov 23, 2020 10:08 AM in response to razmee209

My iPhone 12 recently died in a similar way. I used it for 12 days with no problems.

When it died, the battery was at around 30%. It was mid-day. I plugged it in with a new Apple manufactured charger cord and plug in. Did other activities for about an hour. Came back to my phone and it was unresponsive. Tried all of the reboot instructions. Not recognized by iTunes or by my PC. Find my phone app said “phone offline”.

Apple support not able to get it operating. Took it back to BestBuy where I purchased it. They could not get it to start. Fortunately I was within the 2 week return window. They exchanged it for a new phone.

It took about 4 hours of my time to be back to where I started with a functional phone.

I have no idea what caused this problem. Apple support and Best Buy support had no explanation.

Makes me a bit nervous. I hope it was just one bad phone and not indicative of a bigger issue.

iPhone 12 Pro - Screen Just Died

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.