Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - Homekit hub status

I want my Apple TV 4K to be my HomeKit hub, but the active hub keeps reverting to my iPad Pro. When I disable the iPad as a hub, the Apple TV status remains standby. I’ve updated both devices and have reset both devices. I’ve logged out and back into my iCloud account, and I’ve connected my iPhone and Apple TV via Bluetooth. At one point yesterday, both hubs were recognized, but the status of the Apple TV was flickering between Connected and Standby. My Apple TV is 2 feet from my router and I’m sitting 3 feet from it with my iPad.

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 5:46 AM

1 reply

Nov 10, 2020 2:42 PM in response to philip cfromhenrico

Hey philip cfromhenrico,

It sounds like you're having some trouble designating your Apple TV 4K as a home hub.

Make sure to follow the steps outlined here: Set up your HomePod, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support. Also take a look under "If your home hub isn't working as expected" which has some things to look at like making sure two-factor authentication and iCloud Keychain is active.

Have a great day.

Apple TV - Homekit hub status

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.