Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange reset passcode popup

I was playing around with the Apple Wallet app, trying to add a new card in and after scanning, the app took a very long time to process and then a strange popup (see attached picture) appears saying something along the line of "Unknown" or 0 account needs a passcode reset and the only option for me to click on is reset (I can't close it nor swipe up to go to home screen). After clicking on reset, It asked for my current passcode but I don't know what this is for because I have a different password for everything I use. After trying a bunch of different passwords related to Apple services, nothing has worked. I was locked out of my phone and the only thing I could do was emergency calling and using the camera app. Face ID still works though but after unlocking my phone, I'm stuck at that popup agai. I was able to fix it by going to emergency call and then restart my phone (if I don't go to emergency call first, the popup actually prevents me from swiping right to turn off my phone). So my question did my phone get "hacked" or that was just a glitch? I need to make sure I didn't send a bunch of my different passwords to hackers.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 7:44 PM

Hello Anonyme__,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're concerned about a pop up that appeared to enter a passcode, after adding a payment method in the Wallet app. We can help provide you additional information.

A passcode on an iPhone is an extra layer of security to protect your personal information. We'd like to share with you this article that provides detailed information about passcode: Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

In addition, a passcode can appear for adding a payment method in the Wallet app That information is outlined here: Set up Apple Pay

Kind regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2020 7:44 PM in response to Anonyme__

Hello Anonyme__,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're concerned about a pop up that appeared to enter a passcode, after adding a payment method in the Wallet app. We can help provide you additional information.

A passcode on an iPhone is an extra layer of security to protect your personal information. We'd like to share with you this article that provides detailed information about passcode: Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

In addition, a passcode can appear for adding a payment method in the Wallet app That information is outlined here: Set up Apple Pay

Kind regards.

Strange reset passcode popup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.