Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are the movies I made on iMovie?

When I click on my iMovie Library and click on a title, I get the media displayed in the upper left area but not the finished Movie project that I took so long to make! It shows another view clip on the movie timeline. And---all the titles in my Library have that same video clip on the timeline---so apparently I've lost all my work!!! I thought iMovie saved each video. Some of those videos were hours of work.

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 4:54 PM

The titles you are clicking on in the left hand sidebar are events, not projects. Events are just folders that contain clips. So when you click on the event only the clips, not the project, will display in the Media Browser screen. Click on the Projects button in the upper left side of your screen to open the Projects Browser (where your projects are displayed as icons). Click on a project icon to open and play it.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2020 4:54 PM in response to Windborne1

The titles you are clicking on in the left hand sidebar are events, not projects. Events are just folders that contain clips. So when you click on the event only the clips, not the project, will display in the Media Browser screen. Click on the Projects button in the upper left side of your screen to open the Projects Browser (where your projects are displayed as icons). Click on a project icon to open and play it.

-- Rich

Where are the movies I made on iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.