Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMovie sidebar

Why isn't all of my movies appearing in the sidebar within IMovie? I only see a few. It makes it easy to grab parts of other vids that are in the sidebar if you are the MEDIA section creating. How do I make sure the ones I want go into that sidebar?

You can see that the one I worked on and came back to called "BIGGINNING OF...PROCESS VIDEOS..." is not there. (and yes I realize the word BIGGINNING is incorrect...on purpose so please don't focus on that)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 7:47 PM

The sidebar displays events, not projects. To get to your projects you go to the Projects Browser where your projects are all displayed as icons. EDIT: To get to the project's media you click on the project's name under the Project Media item at the top of the sidebar. Problem is that only contains media from the open project you are working on.

If you want to save the project's media in the side bar, select the Library name in the sidebar and do File/New Event. A new event will appear in the sidebar bearing its creation date as the name. You can rename it "Beginning Media" or whatever you prefer. Then open your Beginning Media project, not event, and click on the project's name under Project Media at the top of the side bar. The project's media will display in the media browser. Select as a batch all of the media in the media browser, and drag the batch into the newly created "Beginning Media" event. Then, no matter what project you are working on you can pull media from the "Beginning Meda" event in the sidebar.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2021 7:47 PM in response to kimberlybisme

The sidebar displays events, not projects. To get to your projects you go to the Projects Browser where your projects are all displayed as icons. EDIT: To get to the project's media you click on the project's name under the Project Media item at the top of the sidebar. Problem is that only contains media from the open project you are working on.

If you want to save the project's media in the side bar, select the Library name in the sidebar and do File/New Event. A new event will appear in the sidebar bearing its creation date as the name. You can rename it "Beginning Media" or whatever you prefer. Then open your Beginning Media project, not event, and click on the project's name under Project Media at the top of the side bar. The project's media will display in the media browser. Select as a batch all of the media in the media browser, and drag the batch into the newly created "Beginning Media" event. Then, no matter what project you are working on you can pull media from the "Beginning Meda" event in the sidebar.

-- Rich

IMovie sidebar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.