Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacPro 2013 4K display 60Hz

Hello, I've recently got an Mac Pro 2013.

I had an issue with DELL U3818DW Display. The computer simply freezes and the display looses the signal.

After a lot of tests, I finally got rid of the problem by disabling the 60Hz refresh rate of the monitor.

Does anybody know some 4K monitor (preferred from Dell) that work's at 60Hz at 4k resolution?

Thank's

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 6:11 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Nov 9, 2020 7:41 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

That's what I'm already doing. I'm using a cable Thunderbolt/DisplayPort.

I know that Hdmi port of MacPro doesn't support 4k.

But with this dell monitor, I can't use 60Hz rate, or the Mac freezes...I think this problem is only with this specific monitor, my question is If someone can confirm me some 4K monitor that works on 60Hz with this Mac...thats what I'm looking....

cheers!

Nov 9, 2020 7:02 AM in response to M_W_D

yeah....I already have a lot of cables thunderbolt / hdmi, thunderbolt/DP.....but my question is witch model of monitor will really work....because this DELL U3818DW Display, that cost me a lot to buy, can't be on 60Hz or the MacPro freeze...so It appears to be an issue with this specific monitor....now I wanna know for sure an monitor that will work without issues....

MacPro 2013 4K display 60Hz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.