Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone marking texts messages as read without giving notifications

I just recently updated my iPhone to IOS 14.2 and the last few days I’ve been having problems with notifications. My phone will automatically “read” my text messages for me without ever telling me I have a message. For messages that I have my read receipts on, it will automatically mark a message as “read” immediately after it was delivered to me. I have all of my notifications on. This is getting to be problematic because my phone will not tell me when I have messages and will just read them itself. Anyone have any solutions?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 9:44 AM

This was driving me crazy too. The 14.3 update addresses the issue. I’m just now downloading it so I can’t verify that it addresses it successfully.

12 replies

Dec 31, 2020 5:52 AM in response to spapan

I’m having the same issue. I contacted Apple support, they said the only thing to try was Turing reads off but that still didn’t solve the “silent delivery” that’s going on with my messages.

iPhone marking texts messages as read without giving notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.