Question:

Question: How to turn off Headphone Safety on iPhone

Hi, does anybody know how to turn the headphone safety setting off on the new iso update???

cheers.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 12:41 AM

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 11, 2020 11:25 AM in response to bondo86 In response to bondo86

Try this:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Reduce Loud Sounds - If Allow is checked, change it to Don't Allow.

Then go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Headphone Safety and make the adjustment there which was missing

Nov 11, 2020 11:25 AM

Nov 10, 2020 3:06 AM in response to SravanKrA In response to SravanKrA

Thanks again for responding

I have followed your steps but I don’t have that option in Headphone Safety nor that option in Health. I’ve just deleted all data in the hearing section of Health to see if that helps. I’m on an iPhone 11.

Nov 10, 2020 3:06 AM

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Nov 10, 2020 3:06 AM in response to SravanKrA In response to SravanKrA

Thanks again for responding

I have followed your steps but I don’t have that option in Headphone Safety nor that option in Health. I’ve just deleted all data in the hearing section of Health to see if that helps. I’m on an iPhone 11.

Nov 10, 2020 3:06 AM

Reply Helpful (6)

Nov 10, 2020 6:17 AM in response to Scream106gti In response to Scream106gti

If you couldn't find it under health app, then I am surprised.

Please check under these

Try --> Settings > Music > [If not found]

Try this

Type Headphone in the search box of settings and see the option available. See the pic below

Nov 10, 2020 6:17 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 11, 2020 11:25 AM in response to bondo86 In response to bondo86

Try this:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Reduce Loud Sounds - If Allow is checked, change it to Don't Allow.

Then go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Headphone Safety and make the adjustment there which was missing

Nov 11, 2020 11:25 AM

Reply Helpful (13)

Nov 11, 2020 11:38 AM in response to Johnathan Burger In response to Johnathan Burger

I never heard about any Android users complaining about this. Can you point me to the relevant setting on Android with a screenshot? This is not a EU regulation. It's a WHO "recommendation". It was never enacted into law. EU restriction ALLOWS people to change their decibels from 85 to 100 if they *choose* to.

Nov 11, 2020 11:38 AM

Reply Helpful (4)
User profile for user: bondo86

Question: How to turn off Headphone Safety on iPhone