Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spilled liquid on MacBook Pro. Can I get repair not from Apple?

Spilled liquid on MacBook Pro, now won't turn on. Can I get this repaired from non-Apple repair source?

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 7:16 AM

You can get it repaired wherever you want, but to be guaranteed apple service parts, your best bet is to use and Apple Authorized Service location. Repair will likely include a logic board so will not be cheap anywhere.

4 replies

Nov 10, 2020 7:35 AM in response to pstanton7

pstanton7 wrote:

Spilled liquid on MacBook Pro, now won't turn on. Can I get this repaired from non-Apple repair source?

If you have AppleCare+ it will cover a large portion of accidental damage.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

AppleCare+ (similar for iPhone and iPad, each incident of accidental damage) for Mac will carry its own price tag. Screen damage or “external enclosure damage” will run $99 per incident, while other damage, including water damage, will run $299. Users receive coverage of two incidents under AppleCare+, and after the two incidents have been used up, out-of-warranty replacement rates will apply

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Nov 10, 2020 12:22 PM in response to pstanton7

If it is a USB-C Mac, then it is highly unlikely any non-Apple repair shop will be able to repair the laptop. Apple has made it impossible for independent non-Apple repair shops from purchasing the necessary chips to repair damaged Logic Boards. A non-Apple shop cannot even replace large major components (like a Logic Board or Display, etc.) on a T2 Mac even if they were pulled from another broken Mac because it requires a special Apple only service utility to program the T2 security chip to make all the parts works together. If your Mac is an older non-USB-C model, then there are some independent non-Apple repair shops around, but be very careful that they know what they are doing.

Spilled liquid on MacBook Pro. Can I get repair not from Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.