Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

myChevrolet app isn’t working on iPhone 11 Pro Max but works on ipad

I had myChevrolet app on iPhone 10, when I got the 11pro max this year, it automatically was downloaded onto new phone. I recently tried to get into the app to remotely start my car and the app looks like its opening but just shows a white screen. So I deleted the app from the phone. I go to the App Store and it wont let me redownload the app only shows me open on the phone. When i tap open, it goes to white screen and does nothing.

I was able to download myChevrolet app onto my iPad Pro without any issue and I can use the app from my ipad. It isn’t convenient to carry my iPad with me all winter long so i can start my car remotely or unlock the doors.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 10:12 AM

37 replies

Mar 26, 2021 4:14 PM in response to Hjumpy

I too have an iPhone 11 with the most current operating system, deleting the app as described doesn't help. I have two Chevy's in the app, a Malibu 2013 and 2019 Corvette. All of the features work for the Malibu, but with the Corvette the Vehicle Status continues to say "Unable to connect" and "Failed to update", and some app features work (e.g Lock, Unlock, & Engine start/stop). Clicking on the Vehicle Status takes me to that page where all is updated BUT the Tire Pressure. (Note, Tire Pressure does work on the myChevrolet web site.

Apr 3, 2021 5:28 PM in response to dcdorman

Been working with OnStar Support (?) since 2/26/2021 with no luck. I am convinced my problem is the there server and not my iPhone 11Max, iPad Mini, Apple or the hardware in my Corvette. Thursday the last (of eleven OnStar) tech told me this was not abnormal and occurred frequently. Nine of the Eleven tried to put the blame on my car or Apple, but couldn't explain why the app works on the Malibu one both devices but Corvette works on neither.

On the sixth day after my report (they said it would take three to five days), and not hearing from them I called them back. That tech ran through yet another set of the recommended tests and when they failed said he would escalate AGAIN and asked me to wait another three to five days.

I believe they haven't a clue and that is why aren't fixing the problem or calling me on the sixth day with requested status.

P.S. I had this problem before the iOS 14 and mychevrolet.app's were updated but didn't report because they couldn't fix it then.

Apr 6, 2021 9:49 AM in response to Hjumpy

I had this exact issue and tried to delete the app, and then reinstall it, but it would not let me delete it. There was no delete option for me. I could only remove from my home screen, but not delete the app. I have been frustrated about this for weeks and tried everything. I finally called Chevrolet and their customer service guy was awesome. He walked me through it.

Here is what I did and it worked.........

Go to Settings / ScreenTime / Content & Privacy Restrictions / iTunes & App Store Purchases / Deleting Apps, then select ALLOW.

Then go back, delete the app, then go back to the app store and download it again. Worked perfectly for me.

myChevrolet app isn’t working on iPhone 11 Pro Max but works on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.