Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 is so slow

My new iPhone 12 is slow internally and especially when using the internet, even on WiFi. News feed won't even refresh. I'll try opening something from settings and it's even slow to open things that doesn't require internet. I'm constantly turning it off to see if this will help and it doesn't. I'm having a hard time using the internet even with the best wifi, it's almost dial up speeds to open a webpage. Is phone broken or is this normal? My old iPhone XS Max was 100x faster.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 7:06 PM

iPhone 12 pro max same issue. Running 14.2.1. So annoying! My daughter’s iPod touch will load quickly, husband’s iPhone 8 loads quickly, other daughter’s iPhone 6s loads quickly, I get network errors and I’m left waiting. I tried disconnecting WiFi and running only cellular, but why???!! BTW my last phone did this same thing, so maybe it’s an issue with my profile backup???

241 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 7:06 PM in response to Tiffole

iPhone 12 pro max same issue. Running 14.2.1. So annoying! My daughter’s iPod touch will load quickly, husband’s iPhone 8 loads quickly, other daughter’s iPhone 6s loads quickly, I get network errors and I’m left waiting. I tried disconnecting WiFi and running only cellular, but why???!! BTW my last phone did this same thing, so maybe it’s an issue with my profile backup???

Nov 21, 2020 3:46 PM in response to Tiffole

Have you tried a Speedtest? I'm just curious if you are seeing slower speeds there as compared to your iPad.

These issues could be due to a variety of reasons, from Safari to DNS issues, so it would be best to find out where the theoretical slowdowns exist.

I know people hate to hear "I'm not seeing them…" but I'm not, so it would be most useful to track down where in the process things may be going awry.

Note that just loading a web page requires about six different things to work together, and an issue may be occurring in any of them.

Note also, the very first thing any of you experiencing this issue should do is notify Apple Support directly:

Contact - Official Apple Support

They are the ones who could notify software engineering of an issue; Apple does not read these forums except to monitor for adherence to the Terms of Use.

Jan 27, 2021 8:06 PM in response to GlennH

its unclear if you are referring to extremely low battery life or slow wifi, if it is the wifi, the iphone 12 uses a very new wifi protocol that you can turn off if it slows down your system.

1. Go to Settings> Wifi (connect to your network and press the i in the circle)
  2. Make sure "Private address" is toggled off (it will probably be automatically enabled).
  3. Also make sure low data mode is off (it should ask you to turn this off if you start a big download so you can probably keep it on).

if your battery is dying in 30 mins. of normal use, take it to the apple store or call support. Its probably a battery defect.

Jan 9, 2021 9:52 PM in response to Jmetzger1173

I al so sorry didnt see you all.messages..

Turn off the VPN option by going to setings

Then you should see the first screen witht he Airplane mode and 5 other option

The very last one of that group should ve the Blue VPN box. Click that and another window will open.

Click on the. Make sure it says not connected. See photo provided.

the next window make sure it says not connected

Jan 10, 2021 9:25 AM in response to Master of Jedi

I al so sorry didnt see you all.messages..

Then you should see the first screen witht he Airplane mode and 5 other option

The very last one of that group should ve the Blue VPN box. Click that and another window will open.

Click on the. Make sure it says not connected. See photo provided.

Jan 10, 2021 9:29 AM in response to Tiffole

Hello all.. So sorry didnt see you all.messages.. hope this will be the last email notification I get from this thread..

Then you should see the first screen witht he Airplane mode and 5 other options

Click on the button to the right Make sure it says not connected. See photo provided.

iPhone 12 is so slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.