Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple wireless keyboard typing wrong letters on ipad pro

I have an apple wireless keyboard that for some reason types incorrect letters and symbols on some letters. It is bluetooth, I am using with ipad Pro. It connects fine. I changed batteries. Does anyone have a similar issue that they were able to resolve?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 6:43 AM

Are you using a French azerty keyboard? Converting a to q and w to z is what happens when. your mapping is set to qwerty instead of azerty. Go to settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard and tap over at the right edge and make sure you have it set to the layout you want (and NOT "automatic").

5 replies

Nov 11, 2020 7:00 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I only own an ipad and a wireless keypad...so if you mean on computer...dont have one. If you mean on my ipad..I rechecked so let me test it out.....

yes! It was set to french. Well who knew or how that happened? I WANT TO THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT. I have a lot of ‘letters from Santa’ to write and really needed a keyboard.

Grateful

apple wireless keyboard typing wrong letters on ipad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.