Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have dozens of videos taken on my various iPhones over the last few years that are now showing as 0:00 in photos. I can't access the video and it is only a thumbnail - please help!

I'd like to know why the videos are 0:00 in length and only thumbnails. I don't want to lose videos that can't be replaced. Please help.

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 4:59 PM

Well that shoots down another brilliant theory.

Boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2020 4:59 PM in response to hmsusauk

Well that shoots down another brilliant theory.

Boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

I have dozens of videos taken on my various iPhones over the last few years that are now showing as 0:00 in photos. I can't access the video and it is only a thumbnail - please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.