Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

medical ID frozen on screen

When putting my new case on my new iphone, 12 Pro, I somehow accidentally called the emergency SOS when my hand slipped off the case. My medical ID info came up on my screen and it will not allow me to select "done" in the upper right corner. Nothing is responding. I can't even turn the phone off to reboot. The screen does not respond to my tap and I hadn't even put my screen protector on yet so my taps are directly on the screen. Help!

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 1:27 PM

Hi SDLucas2014,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities, and congratulations on the new iPhone 12 Pro! It looks like your iPhone is stuck on the Emergency SOS screen. You're in the right place for help.

If your device is fully unresponsive, it sounds like a force restart is your best step. Here's how to force restart your iPhone 12 Pro: Force restart iPhone

"Force restart an iPhone with Face ID, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Note: If iPhone still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen."

It sounds like that should get you back up and running. If you're running into similar issues after the restart, reply back here and let us know. Be sure to include your current iOS version, found under Settings > General > About.

Best wishes.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2020 1:27 PM in response to SDLucas2014

Hi SDLucas2014,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities, and congratulations on the new iPhone 12 Pro! It looks like your iPhone is stuck on the Emergency SOS screen. You're in the right place for help.

If your device is fully unresponsive, it sounds like a force restart is your best step. Here's how to force restart your iPhone 12 Pro: Force restart iPhone

"Force restart an iPhone with Face ID, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Note: If iPhone still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen."

It sounds like that should get you back up and running. If you're running into similar issues after the restart, reply back here and let us know. Be sure to include your current iOS version, found under Settings > General > About.

Best wishes.

Dec 15, 2020 5:59 PM in response to ryane77

Hi. I have the same problem on my iPhone 11 Pro with my screen freezing and can’t do anything. It all happened quickly. I got my phone out of my pocket and there was an application open that I never use, so I closed it. My screen was frozen so I went to switch it off but instead of switching off it made an Immergency call. I couldn’t cancel the call because the screen was frozen and inactive. I answered the call and informed them that it was NOT a Immergency and apologized for the inconvenience. Then it made a call to my son who is registered as a Emergency Contact. Now my phone is stuck on Medical ID screen. It indicates Sharing Lock Screen.

I tried the method explained above with pressing volume button but doesn’t work. Could you please help? Thank you.

medical ID frozen on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.