You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Managing Power

I use my 6th generation iPod Touch A LOT. I've had it for more than 4 years.

To get maximum battery life, I turn off the WiFi and Bluetooth connections, and use plug-in earpods. If I keep WiFi & Bluetooth on, I get less than 10 hours of battery life. If I keep them switched off, I get A LOT more use from one charge.

BUT the iPod keeps automatically turning the WiFi and Bluetooth connection back on at the start of a new day. Sometimes, it seems as if it is turning on the WiFi & Bluetooth in the middle of the day for some reason.

So if I am using the iPod at night but put it to sleep before bed-time, by the time I leave the house, my battery is down 25% to 50% or more. Apparently, when WiFi & Bluetooth are left on, they use up power just searching for connections.

Is there a way to switch off the automatic restart of WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity so that once I turn them off manually, they can only be turned on manually?

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 4:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 2:34 PM

Hello ghn.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you would like to know how to turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. We will be glad to assist.

Please see the following resource: Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply

Managing Power

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.