Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with connected hardware to ipad

I have the following setup

My problem is the connected audio modem is switching on and off while iPad is in sleep. This is something that either harm the modem or the expensive speakers. Ich tried many things to figure it out. Disconnected bluetooth, canged keybord, canged hub, anything I could think off. What I figured out so far, it has something to do with the power. If I run the iPad on battery, the hub has its own power supply, it works. If the iPad is fully charged, connected to power it happens. Maybe there is a setting on the iPad not to fully charge it. To some percentage. Like I can on my laptop to save battery life. I know batteries do not like it to be fully charged all the time. I doubt it is the adapter connected to the iPad. Actually a setting would be good just to run it on external power only, but I doubt that this is possible. My goal is, to set it up in someways, and keep it as this. My iPad I use as laptop replacement, working on music mostly, and very seldom for mobile tasks. Any help would be much appreciatet. Thanks Robert

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 24, 2022 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 5:26 PM

I have to admit, I was on the wrong track all the time. Forget everything I wrote. It was as it looks the simplest reason one can think of and should come in mind first. Though I doubt it somehow, it was a cable not being plugged in properly. Having a new iPad where the dock should not be compatible made me think of anything possible but not of the simplest. Anyway, all works to my likes now and maybe my thread is of some help for someone.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2022 5:26 PM in response to Robsi60

I have to admit, I was on the wrong track all the time. Forget everything I wrote. It was as it looks the simplest reason one can think of and should come in mind first. Though I doubt it somehow, it was a cable not being plugged in properly. Having a new iPad where the dock should not be compatible made me think of anything possible but not of the simplest. Anyway, all works to my likes now and maybe my thread is of some help for someone.

May 24, 2022 7:15 PM in response to Robsi60

I think it has nothing to do with the state of charging of the batterry. If the battery is at say 80% and I connect any power supply, e.g. power adapter or 20Ah powerbank it happens. Now I think it is the usb adapter connected to the iPad. The Anker one is not compatible to the iPad pro 2021. I use the one I had since years. What I also could imagine is a weak power supply of the iPad. Anyway, before buying anything of all this, stronger power supply or adapter, I like to be sure it works. Thanks

!

May 24, 2022 10:38 PM in response to Robsi60

Conclusion. If I am at home I use the solution mentioned before. But my goal is to sit on a bench with a table doing some music at the edge of a forrest, with fountain for fresh water and fireplace. but without speakers and interface. All possible very close. IPad and hub powered by a powerbank. I need a jack for headphones and the adapter to the iPad. This is all possible with the hardware I have. All must fit in a small backpack whitch it does. I found lots of thunderbolt docks but they all need a power plug.

Of course If really everything was working it would be perfect, but buying, buying, buying not knowing if it will work I will not do. As long that I have a workaround I am happy. Absolutely perfect would be if I could connect my USB monitor to it, but not mirroring, expanding the screen. But I tried to connect it to the iPad just for fun and it worked perfect with mirroring.

Issue with connected hardware to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.