Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12 Pro Max Sensor Shift Stabilzation and Motorcycles?

Hey everyone,

I was just curious as to if it would be “safer” to mount the new 12 Pro Max to a handlebar mount as opposed to the older phones with OIS? I know all phones with OIS can potentially get damaged due to the vibrations.

I saw in the reveal trailer that they had one mounted under a Jeep and made me wonder if it could handle the vibrations from my bike.

Thanks!

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 6:05 AM

Hi Ducati0024!!

I'm on the same page, just got a new iPhone 12 Pro and I wanted to mount it on mi bike but I'm unsure if it will resist.

The vibration from the handlebars of my Triumph have damage my previous iPhone 11 Pro Max.

I have already purchased a Quadlock for my new iPhone, plus a vibration dampener they offer for the mount.

Here is what Quadlock had to say when I send them this same inquiry:

"Thanks for getting in touch with us. Thanks for purchasing the vibration dampener and sorry to hear about your past phone issues.

As with all products we sell, the Vibration Dampener is covered by our Warranty and Return Policy which only extends to the value of our own products.

Whilst we’re unable to offer a guarantee for your phone on the dampener, we have tested this product extensively, both independently, with external consultants and by conducting a user trial with over 500 members of the Quad Lock community participating which has been extremely successful - not a single user reported a camera damage while using the Vibration Dampener and we are confident in the performance of this product."

I am still waiting to hear from Apple about this issue, but so far radio silence.

Hope my comment helps, I would appreciate if hear anything regarding the subject if you comment here!

Best Regards and Good Riding!!!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2020 6:05 AM in response to Ducati0024

Hi Ducati0024!!

I'm on the same page, just got a new iPhone 12 Pro and I wanted to mount it on mi bike but I'm unsure if it will resist.

The vibration from the handlebars of my Triumph have damage my previous iPhone 11 Pro Max.

I have already purchased a Quadlock for my new iPhone, plus a vibration dampener they offer for the mount.

Here is what Quadlock had to say when I send them this same inquiry:

"Thanks for getting in touch with us. Thanks for purchasing the vibration dampener and sorry to hear about your past phone issues.

As with all products we sell, the Vibration Dampener is covered by our Warranty and Return Policy which only extends to the value of our own products.

Whilst we’re unable to offer a guarantee for your phone on the dampener, we have tested this product extensively, both independently, with external consultants and by conducting a user trial with over 500 members of the Quad Lock community participating which has been extremely successful - not a single user reported a camera damage while using the Vibration Dampener and we are confident in the performance of this product."

I am still waiting to hear from Apple about this issue, but so far radio silence.

Hope my comment helps, I would appreciate if hear anything regarding the subject if you comment here!

Best Regards and Good Riding!!!

12 Pro Max Sensor Shift Stabilzation and Motorcycles?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.