Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone on Wifi calling not rining when in apps or doing something on my phone

hello everyone.

When at home I use Wifi calling and up until recently it has worked fine however since the last update I have been having issues.

When my phone is in the lock screen it works and my phone rings and I am able to answer it as normal.

When my phone is not on the lock screen and I am in an app or doing something it wont ring it just cuts the call off, it does not go to answerphone or anything.

When I take wifi calling off it works fine and as I would expect does anyone know why, do I need to change a setting to get it to work when the phone is being used.

iPhone X

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 7:07 AM

4 replies

Nov 17, 2020 6:59 PM in response to Kemylm

Hello Kemylm,

It seems like you aren't able to receive phone calls on Wi-Fi calling only when you're using the phone. Which iOS version are you currently using on your iPhone?

Have you tried to deactivate Wi-Fi calling and activate it again to see if that helps resolve the issue?

You can take a look at this article to see how:

Make calls using Wi-Fi on iPhone

Regards.

Iphone on Wifi calling not rining when in apps or doing something on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.