Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem with iphone related sounds

I. Have a iphone se 1 gen with ios.14.2, since a few days i have problems with sounds related to my iphone. Without headsetonly a trill without sound for all notifications. The same problem with the keyboard click.  The ringtones of incoming cell and facetime calls are working with headsets such as wired pods and airpods.  

The trill function work correct for all notifications. 

I have already check out the setting of not disturb and sounds, but they like ok  

A hard and soft reboot havent any result. 

Other audio such as podcast, music and voiceover ,  work correctly. 

A reset of all the settings don’t change the problem. 

A restore of data is also not a good idea

I have also a ipad pro ios ver 14.2 2 gen and the tablet work correct. My airpods pro have the latest version 3a283. But i don’t think the airpods are the problem because the same problem with pods with jacket. 

Before the problem, i was starting to use the setting in the bluetooth setting of airpods on my ipad and iphone. ‘Latest iphone or ipad’ instead of ‘auto‘ switch.   When my iphone was without network, i have change the switch  iphone to airpods on the new tile of control centre for airplay.

During a  test ‘forget this device’  of my airpods , the pod was  connected in network in combination with my ipad.  After the forget activity, i tried to reinstall my airpods on my iphone without the wifinetwork , the result was that my iphone the  message ‘airpods connected to another device’ was displayed. . 

After reset all the setting of my iphone the setting ‘latest iphone’ was active.  the switch must be ‘auto’ after reset. 

I’m alse a regular VoiceOver user and the sounds related to  voiceover works correct. 

I have compare the settings of my ipad and my iphone, they are the same. 

Up to you to give me a solution

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 12:57 PM

Just a broken mute button

change mUte with assistivetouch in settings accessibility

i have my sounds back

Similar questions

1 reply

problem with iphone related sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.