Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost my sounds on iPhone X

Recently my iPhone X has stopped giving me sound notifications, so no phone ring-tone, no pings for Whatsapp or texts, no key-press clicks, no camera shutter click etc.

The built-in speakers seem fine, as I can play music through them. I have been into settings and everything relating to sounds and haptics is switched to 'on'. Also the missing sounds do play if I play them in settings, for example if I go into the list of phone ring-tomes they play when I select one, but not when the phone actually rings!

Further, I can get some sounds through my AirPods headphones. I have rebooted the phone twice but no change. I have just upgraded to IOS 14 but that hasn't helped either. Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 1:07 PM

Hi there tallboy292,

Thanks for the follow-up info. Let's look into this further, and see what can be done going forward. First, let's make sure that the Do Not Disturb feature hasn't been enabled inadvertently. Follow the steps here to check that:

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We also want to make sure the date and time are set correctly or your device, as incorrect settings could effect your notifications. Use the guidance here to check that:

Set the date and time on iPhone

Let us know the outcome, and we can go from there.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2020 1:07 PM in response to tallboy292

Hi there tallboy292,

Thanks for the follow-up info. Let's look into this further, and see what can be done going forward. First, let's make sure that the Do Not Disturb feature hasn't been enabled inadvertently. Follow the steps here to check that:

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We also want to make sure the date and time are set correctly or your device, as incorrect settings could effect your notifications. Use the guidance here to check that:

Set the date and time on iPhone

Let us know the outcome, and we can go from there.

Have a great day!

Lost my sounds on iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.