Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

i recently took my phone to the Apple store because it wasn’t working and stuck in the Apple logo and I did a total wipedown and now it works , but my Apple Music isn’t working at all when I click on a song even if it’s downloaded it don't play and it goes to all the other songs and nothing plays

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 8:21 AM

Hi there,

You're facing an issue with apple music not playing your desired song. To try and make it work, you can try troubleshooting with the given information below. (Number two is likely to help than Number one)

1. Try rebooting your phone.

You can try holding on the top button or the side button on your phone (which you may refer to as the power button) and slide to turn off and turn on by holding on the same button till you see an apple logo.

You can also try another method of restarting which may come to use in case your phone ever gets stuck in the future. It is called force restart.

For the proper way to force restart your phone, you can follow this note:

For iPhone 5s, 6* 6s* and SE (1st Generation): Hold the top/side button (power button) and the home button for a few seconds till the apple logo shows up

For iPhone 7*: Press and hold both the Side button and the Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo.

For iPhone 8* and later: Press and quickly release the volume up button and then the volume down button and hold on the side (power) button till you see the apple logo.

*Including Plus variants

If rebooting does not fix your issue;

2. You can try deleting the Apple Music application and reinstalling it from the App Store.

Hope it helps!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2020 8:21 AM in response to Katkoota2

Hi there,

You're facing an issue with apple music not playing your desired song. To try and make it work, you can try troubleshooting with the given information below. (Number two is likely to help than Number one)

1. Try rebooting your phone.

You can try holding on the top button or the side button on your phone (which you may refer to as the power button) and slide to turn off and turn on by holding on the same button till you see an apple logo.

You can also try another method of restarting which may come to use in case your phone ever gets stuck in the future. It is called force restart.

For the proper way to force restart your phone, you can follow this note:

For iPhone 5s, 6* 6s* and SE (1st Generation): Hold the top/side button (power button) and the home button for a few seconds till the apple logo shows up

For iPhone 7*: Press and hold both the Side button and the Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo.

For iPhone 8* and later: Press and quickly release the volume up button and then the volume down button and hold on the side (power) button till you see the apple logo.

*Including Plus variants

If rebooting does not fix your issue;

2. You can try deleting the Apple Music application and reinstalling it from the App Store.

Hope it helps!

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.