Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone backup

I just bought a new iPhone 12. I did not back up my old iphone 6s in quite a while because I didn't want to pay for more iCloud storage. I broke down and got more storage and am trying to back up the old phone but keep getting error message 14. Is there any way of saving the content of my old phone when given the only option of using RESTORE? I also tried deleting the .ipsw file and trying again - twice.

The old phone will not boot up now. It shows the diagram of hooking up to iTunes and says, "support.apple.com/iphone/restore"

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 2:07 PM

ckim_2021 wrote:

I just bought a new iPhone 12. I did not back up my old iphone 6s in quite a while because I didn't want to pay for more iCloud storage. I broke down and got more storage and am trying to back up the old phone but keep getting error message 14. Is there any way of saving the content of my old phone when given the only option of using RESTORE? I also tried deleting the .ipsw file and trying again - twice.

The old phone will not boot up now. It shows the diagram of hooking up to iTunes and says, "support.apple.com/iphone/restore"

Sorry you'll have to restore your old phone. No way to save your data, actually the state that your phone is in there is no data on it.

error code 14 iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2020 2:07 PM in response to ckim_2021

ckim_2021 wrote:

Sorry you'll have to restore your old phone. No way to save your data, actually the state that your phone is in there is no data on it.

error code 14 iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

iPhone backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.