Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freeze and Crash

Every time I use my Mac lately, it has been crashing after anywhere from 15 minutes to a few hours. I don't want to have to get rid of it, but I think it may be leaving me no other option. Here is the crash log:

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 9:49 AM

that is good that you have pinpointed the problem.

these video programs use a lot of CPU and sometimes 8GB is not enough for those demanding programs.

every review i read about the MacBook ai this year stated how video heated up the notebook and the fan ran full throttle.

you still have a great laptop, just be careful on the usage.

i have to with mine al the time, which shut down thursday while trying to export a 10 minute video from my iPad.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2020 9:49 AM in response to C0DY100

that is good that you have pinpointed the problem.

these video programs use a lot of CPU and sometimes 8GB is not enough for those demanding programs.

every review i read about the MacBook ai this year stated how video heated up the notebook and the fan ran full throttle.

you still have a great laptop, just be careful on the usage.

i have to with mine al the time, which shut down thursday while trying to export a 10 minute video from my iPad.

Nov 12, 2020 2:03 AM in response to C0DY100

are we doing any resets like PRAM, SRAM and running first aid?

is there a specific program that shut the MacBook air down?

My 2010 MacBook air shuts down once a year because ei push the video, photo editing while run-in many apps.

this overload is my fault and i remember to keep the MacBook air computing levels to what need performed by closing programs and keeping the chord plugged as much as possible.

I need to remember that like any thing that is manufactured,

these MacBook airs need to be maintained and taken care of properly.

let us know what program is causing the crashes and maybe we can provide a solution

Nov 12, 2020 9:40 AM in response to snowleapard2020

I really don't have a single program that is crashing the computer. For instance, that last crash report came after I was trying to record a video for class with photo studio. There was no other app open at that time. Different ones have resulted just as my computer was on Zoom or Safari, nothing really RAM intensive. I've done the PRAM reset, but I can try SMC and then go from there.

Freeze and Crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.