Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Exercise Calorie Movement errors

Surely Apple can fix this error, regarding steps, movements, exercise, calories etc

Also the iPhone health app thinks I’ve been walking many km,.

I am sitting in my truck, travelling at 56mph for over an hour, but my watch thinks I’ve been exercising for 45minutes.

This obviously causes lots of false readings on my fitness trackers.

This needs fixed for sure

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 12:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2020 1:47 PM

Hello djstu100,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you are experiencing some issues with your Apple Watch tracking your excursive and movement. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To ensure you are getting the most accurate readings from your Apple Watch, we would recommend taking a look at the following articles that go over how to get the best readings from the device as well as how to calibrate it. Take a look:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy

If you continue to experience issues after calibrating the Apple Watch, please reach out to Apple directly for further assistance using this link: Get Support

Cheers.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2020 1:47 PM in response to djstu100

Hello djstu100,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you are experiencing some issues with your Apple Watch tracking your excursive and movement. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To ensure you are getting the most accurate readings from your Apple Watch, we would recommend taking a look at the following articles that go over how to get the best readings from the device as well as how to calibrate it. Take a look:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy

If you continue to experience issues after calibrating the Apple Watch, please reach out to Apple directly for further assistance using this link: Get Support

Cheers.

Nov 18, 2020 5:55 PM in response to Jeff_W.

Hi Jeff, thanks for the info,

but here is an example:

I’ve been driving for 3hours in my lorry (or called a semi-truck in the USA)

but according to my watch, as it has reset the totals at midnight, that I have not stood up at all, but I have exercised for 41 minutes.

I have been driving, sitting still, I have not exercised at all?

Surely Apple must be able to tell that I am travelling at a certain speed, while my body is not moving about, and therefor realise I am travelling in a vehicle?

How does this point get put across to Apple Support or the developers?

thanks

Jan 3, 2021 5:35 AM in response to djstu100

Got it sorted.

After checking all my settings & re-calibrating twice. The watch was still ever increasing in movements & exercise minutes while driving.

I spoke to Apple help:

Reset the watch, by holding both buttons down on the watch until the Apple Logo comes up. Then let go.

This seems to be working more correct now.

Watch Exercise Calorie Movement errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.