Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We could not complete your purchase cancelled

I am receiving the following message when trying to update apps I have already purchased through the App Store: "We could not complete your purchase cancelled". The App Store is showing that I have 4 apps to update, but I am not able to update any of them. I have tried both the Update All and to update them individually with the same results. From the posts this seems as if this issue has happened in the past on the App Store, but I have never experienced it before. The solution appears to be that it just begins working on its own eventually. This issue has been occurring for over a week now. I have not seen any recent posts on this issue, so thought I would post it again.

macOS Mojave 10.14.6

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 11:30 AM

Thank you, thank you Steve! I had just tried again not 5 minutes before your update to get the App Store to work and it had failed in the same way. Your solution work in my situation as well. So glad to have all of my apps updated.

7 replies

Nov 17, 2020 4:45 AM in response to IrnBruNYC

Thanks for your reply IrnBruNYC and the others for the Me Too's. It's at least nice to know that you're not alone and others are having this same issue. I've been an Apple Mac user for years and this is the first time I've experience this issue with the App Store, so wasn't sure if it was just a local issue to my system. Hopefully Apple Support is addressing this issue.

Nov 28, 2020 8:29 AM in response to Robert Boston

I had the same thing and just managed to solve it after a lot of Googling. What I did was:

Sign out of Apple Store in both the App Store app itself and iTunes

Selected Go to Folder in in Go Menu

Went to ~/Library

Went to Caches: Delete anything you can see that has appstore in the name

Went to Cookies: Delete "Cookies.binarycookies" and "com.apple.appstore.binarycookies"

Sign back in to App Store in iTunes

Sign back in to App Store app

We could not complete your purchase cancelled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.