Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help installing Big Sur on my 2019 MacBook Pro.

Get an error saying "installation error,An error occurred while installing the selected updates." when i try to install Bir Sur.

I left it downloading and went to pick up my daughter at school. When i got home the error was there. It was left plugged in while i was gone. I have tried shutting down and re starting twice. It says the update is available but i get that same error every time i try to download it now.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 2:21 PM

randyfromsylacauga wrote:

Get an error saying "installation error,An error occurred while installing the selected updates." when i try to install Bir Sur.
I left it downloading and went to pick up my daughter at school. When i got home the error was there. It was left plugged in while i was gone. I have tried shutting down and re starting twice. It says the update is available but i get that same error every time i try to download it now.

Try again later there are issue with the server as outlined here Apple - Support - System Status

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2020 2:21 PM in response to randyfromsylacauga

randyfromsylacauga wrote:

Try again later there are issue with the server as outlined here Apple - Support - System Status

Help installing Big Sur on my 2019 MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.