You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook not accessing all photos from iPhone camera roll

It’s november 2020 and I just got an update to my ipad. Now I can’t upload a photo from FB. My camera roll opens but it only shows 5 (out of 1000) pictures. What gives, Apple? I see this was a problem in 2018.

Mary

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 4:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 5:45 PM

This is happening to me too BUT there’s no option in my settingS to give access to Facebook. I’m also having other stupid problems all of a sudden where apps are telling me I have to allow access to Face ID which I never did before.

59 replies

May 3, 2021 5:41 AM in response to Yellosharpie

Same issue here .. the options are there .. inside of Facebook but it won’t allow me to click and continue .. it’s almost as if they coded it wrong and the button is unclickable .. Facebook isn’t allowing me to upload any photos unless I go directly through the browser . I’ve check the iPhone settings and on my 12 there is no setting to allow Facebook to access photos inside of the iphone .. what am I supposed to do ...

at the moment until the issue is fixed I went to Instagram and linked my accounts so whatever I post on ig goes to Facebook but that’s all I’m able to do until they fix the issue ..

Feb 5, 2021 6:38 AM in response to -Huy-

Hi -Huy-

Try one of these following suggestions that seemed to work for others:

rhea_422 suggested this:

go to setting ➡️ general ➡️ reset ➡️ reset setting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and altonxa suggested:

try changing the profile pic on your Facebook and then give access to your camera roll

good luck - please post of any of these works for you

Feb 20, 2021 8:20 PM in response to Steph8733

You should RE-read what I posted before which is what worked for me as well as the SUGGESTIONS that OTHERS posted that worked for many people also ~ just so you don’t have to look back here’s what I had posted:

“This worked for me - I hope it works for you also:

Settings ➡️ Facebook ➡️ Photos ➡️ Select All

It was Diggieboo’s perfect solution, which was posted here, in case you didn’t see it. 😊

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are the following suggestions that worked for others

rhea_422 suggested this:

go to setting ➡️ General ➡️ Reset ➡️ Reset setting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and altonxa suggested this:

try changing the profile pic on your Facebook and then give access to your camera roll”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No need to get nasty with me or Diggieboo - his suggestion is the one that worked immediately for me.

rhea_422 suggested the reset and that worked for some people.

I understand your frustration and do feel bad for you.

Maybe try deleting and reinstalling the Facebook app

If nothing helps then try contacting Apple on the Apple support App - you can have them call you back if you don’t want to wait on hold - they’re very good in responding

Good luck and please post whatever ends up working for you.

Jun 20, 2021 1:25 PM in response to Marythewonderful

Oh help. I'm trying to do this on an iMac and am not seeing the options that are apparently available on iPhone and iPad. When I use Facebook on the iPhone, the entire "Camera Roll" is available. But not when I'm on the iMac. On the iMac, when I try to change my profile pic, it opens Photos and then opens a very limited array of photos. There does not seem to be a way to get to the "Camera Roll" altho I can get to all the albums I have created. Thanks in advance.

Facebook not accessing all photos from iPhone camera roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.