Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I transfer service to my new iphone

I'm trying to transfer service from my iphone x to my iphone 12. I followed the steps where you add cellular service, but the pop-up message that's supposed to include the QR code on my old phone isn't popping up. Any ideas why this might be?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 5:08 PM

Contact your carrier. They are responsible for transferring cellular service. You appear to be accessing the ability to add to the eSIM second line of the iPhone 12. That is controlled by the carrier as wll. All you need to do is use the SIM from your iPhone X, or contact the carrier to activate the SIM in your iPhone 12.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2020 5:08 PM in response to taymonethayes

Contact your carrier. They are responsible for transferring cellular service. You appear to be accessing the ability to add to the eSIM second line of the iPhone 12. That is controlled by the carrier as wll. All you need to do is use the SIM from your iPhone X, or contact the carrier to activate the SIM in your iPhone 12.

how do I transfer service to my new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.