Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a iMac retina 4k 2017, down loaded Big sir and it won update keeps saying error and its compatible. Issues with new software? any body else having this issue?

I have a iMac 4k 2017, downloaded Big Sur and it won't update, keep getting errors, software is compatible. Anyone else having this issue?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 9:16 AM

Hi lewis-1,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand an error message appears, when you attempt to download the update for macOS Big Sur. We'll be happy to help.

With the error message you're seeing, we recommend to restart your Mac and attempt the update again. Here's two helpful articles on how to perform each step:

1. Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac
  2. How to update the software on your Mac

Please let us know if that helps.

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2020 9:16 AM in response to lewis-1

Hi lewis-1,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand an error message appears, when you attempt to download the update for macOS Big Sur. We'll be happy to help.

With the error message you're seeing, we recommend to restart your Mac and attempt the update again. Here's two helpful articles on how to perform each step:

1. Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac
  2. How to update the software on your Mac

Please let us know if that helps.

Kind regards.

I have a iMac retina 4k 2017, down loaded Big sir and it won update keeps saying error and its compatible. Issues with new software? any body else having this issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.