Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 12 Pro Max - Apps not fitting in screen?

I was thinking that this may be an app development issue, but it's fine on my friends iPhone 12 Pro Max.

It's seems apps like Instagram, TikTok and many other apps are cut off by the notch or are too far down, everything seems zoomed in cutting off text and images.

Although zoomed feature is not on? How can I fix this some how?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 11:08 PM

It works for me when i set it to Zoomed mode, but setting it to "Standard" again doesn't work for me. So it works only in "Zoomed" mode.

When i run the app in simulator it is set to "Standard" mode by default. I have to manually turn it to "Zoomed" mode everytime. What can be the permanent fix for this? i want it to work properly in Standard mode as well.

This issue is only with iPhone 12 pro max. Rest all the devices its working perfectly fine.

Can you please help me resolve the issue.

58 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 11:08 PM in response to Jakevassallo

It works for me when i set it to Zoomed mode, but setting it to "Standard" again doesn't work for me. So it works only in "Zoomed" mode.

When i run the app in simulator it is set to "Standard" mode by default. I have to manually turn it to "Zoomed" mode everytime. What can be the permanent fix for this? i want it to work properly in Standard mode as well.

This issue is only with iPhone 12 pro max. Rest all the devices its working perfectly fine.

Can you please help me resolve the issue.

Nov 19, 2020 12:36 PM in response to Jakevassallo

So i tried all the comments below, and mine is still not working. I'm on the newest IOS update, and all my apps are completely updated. I've tried several times to switch from standard to zoom, back and forth. But yet the app is still cut off, anyone know of another step? It's doing the same for my friends instagram stories, but not mine. My facetune app is the one that is cut off.

Nov 27, 2020 5:32 AM in response to kkemt72

FIXED!! They replied to my email and did exactly what they said and now it works. (Picture of the email reply below with instructions)

Just in the picture doesn’t upload:

Please head to the App Store > tap on the Account icon at the top right > swipe down to refresh > Update Facetune.”

Hope this fixes the issue for all of you as well!

New iPhone 12 Pro Max - Apps not fitting in screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.