Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime and iMessage

both stopped working after big sur update..

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 12:54 AM

Guys its super easy! The apple ID got blocked.. spoke to a customer care executive from Apple today and the issue got resolved in 10 mins!!

i had the same issues as u guys are having now!!

schedule a call frm Apple and they wil sort it out

8 replies

Dec 2, 2020 2:35 PM in response to vk1712

For me - FaceTime calls just drop or are glitchy. The MAJOR issues that I've found is that when I make a call, I cannot input any numbers from the MacBook pro's keyboard or the external keyboard, and this is annoying to me because I am punching in numbers all day to answer insurance company menu prompts. This is insane! I called Apple Support and they claim that I need to reinstall Big Sur. I had no issue prior to Big Sur...how many complaints will it take before they redirect and point the finger at themselves?

Dec 8, 2020 2:14 PM in response to vk1712

In my case incoming FaceTime calls do not make a sound when the screen saver is active.

This means that when I am not at the computer I will not hear when someone is calling me.

When people have called me (unsuccessfully) and I activate the screen there is a whole list

of little messages and of course no sound.

When I am at the computer and have the screen active, FaceTime calls do make a sound

as used to be in older versions of MacOS.

I have a MacbookPRO from late 2013.

FaceTime and iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.