Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote over a Zoom meeting

Is it possible to see my presenter notes when Keynote is in play mode? I am presenting over Zoom to a large audience and I just have my laptop.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 9:20 PM

No, I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to.

On Zoom, you can specify a monitor or window to display. If you had a laptop and a 2nd monitor, then I think you would set up Zoom to display the 2nd monitor and display your speaker notes on the laptop. But since you only have the one laptop monitor … you don't have a way, even ignoring Zoom, to run the presentation and view the notes on your single screen.

Or did I misunderstand your setup?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 9:20 PM in response to JGCoss

No, I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to.

On Zoom, you can specify a monitor or window to display. If you had a laptop and a 2nd monitor, then I think you would set up Zoom to display the 2nd monitor and display your speaker notes on the laptop. But since you only have the one laptop monitor … you don't have a way, even ignoring Zoom, to run the presentation and view the notes on your single screen.

Or did I misunderstand your setup?

Nov 22, 2020 8:34 AM in response to JGCoss

To show Keynote presenter notes in Zoom using one display, you have to use a bit of a workaround, as Zoom does not have a dedicated tool for this. It works perfectly well and its easy enough to set up, we use this method every day in our presentations on Zoom:

look at this YouTube video which is the best description I have seen of the procedure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx1Ysf_eozQ

Keynote over a Zoom meeting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.