Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

startup chime not working

I have noticed this my MacBook Pro, if some one solved it can any one help me out?

my startup chime is not working if I shutdown and restart from menubar,

but the chime works if I shutdown and restart It through terminal.

MacBook Pro 13″, 11.0

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 5:37 PM

Hello sudharson_aswin,

We'd love to assist you with your startup chime. Let's try resetting the Mac using the steps here: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac. Although this reset does not erase anything from the Mac, we always recommend backing up the Mac first using the steps here: Back up your Mac

Take care!

3 replies

Nov 22, 2020 8:53 AM in response to sudharson_aswin

Hi sudharson_aswin,

We're glad to hear the NVRAM reset resolved the issue. Since doing the reset, have you been able to test the issue again to see if it still occurs?

Also, does the issue occur in a different user account? If you have another user account already set up, then you can use that one. If not, please follow the steps here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac to set up and test in a different user account. 

Best Regards

startup chime not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.