Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Notes down arrow key strange behavior

Greetings,

after the Big Sur something strange is happening with my Apple Notes.

Whenever I push the down arrow key, it centers the text in place of going down with the cursor.

How can I fix it?

As you can see in the screenshot, it seems I have the second option on, but it's not, or at least I don't want it.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 3:03 PM

Hello!

Looks like this is a little bug in the Italian localization for Big Sur... 🇮🇹

You can easily fix by adding an application shortcut in the keyboard preferences (System Preferences, Keyboard, Shortcuts, App Shortcuts... in the left pane. Just select Notes (Note) App, enter "Al centro" (without quotes) in the Menu Title (Titolo menu) field and then select your shortcut (mine is alt+cmd+down arrow).

Have fun!

AC

P.S.: ciao! ^__^

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2020 3:03 PM in response to IvanPsy

Hello!

Looks like this is a little bug in the Italian localization for Big Sur... 🇮🇹

You can easily fix by adding an application shortcut in the keyboard preferences (System Preferences, Keyboard, Shortcuts, App Shortcuts... in the left pane. Just select Notes (Note) App, enter "Al centro" (without quotes) in the Menu Title (Titolo menu) field and then select your shortcut (mine is alt+cmd+down arrow).

Have fun!

AC

P.S.: ciao! ^__^

Apple Notes down arrow key strange behavior

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.