Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Note App problem with down arrow (↓)

Hi,

I'm using Note App (the native in MacOS) Version 4.8 (1790).

There is a bad shortcut: when I press the down arrow to move cursor in the page (↓) instead of move the cursor the 'Align to the center' is triggered.

This is very annoying because I can't change line quickly with keyboard, I can only use right (→) or left (←) arrows.

I attach a screenshot (sorry it is Italian version) of the issue.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 7:50 PM

Use Keyboard System Preferences, Shortcuts to add a custom shortcut to Notes (or all apps if more use that command).

That should change it to use the custom command you enter instead of down arrow.

On a US keyboard layout the shortcut is cmd-| (or cmd-shift-\). Is that shortcut not convenient or possible on an Italian layout?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2020 7:50 PM in response to dmat93

Use Keyboard System Preferences, Shortcuts to add a custom shortcut to Notes (or all apps if more use that command).

That should change it to use the custom command you enter instead of down arrow.

On a US keyboard layout the shortcut is cmd-| (or cmd-shift-\). Is that shortcut not convenient or possible on an Italian layout?

Note App problem with down arrow (↓)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.