Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hidden SSID - disconnecting and forgets the credentials

I would like to hide the SSID of my wireless network (wi-fi) but the problem is that my iPhone is still disconnecting and even forgets the credentials when I lock the iPhone for 30sec-1min. I have to log in everytime. How can I do ? I tried with a visible SSID and it works normally but since then I put it in hidden mode it becomes very annoying.

iPhone 11 Pro - iOS 14.2 (and 13.x)

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 5:53 AM

Hello. I have the same issue with our iPads, and was hoping to find a helpful reply to the original question. Unfortunately, the responder clearly did not read the question at all. The user did NOT have trouble connecting to the network, as both links address, but with RE-connecting to the same network after initially connecting.

After connecting with our hidden network successfully, our iPads fail to re-connect and the network must be added again. The iPad retains the password, though, so only the network name needs to be added. I should point out that none of our Android phones, Chromebooks, or Microsoft PCs have this issue, so this software issue is unique to Apple with relocating a previously connected hidden network.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2020 5:53 AM in response to MichelleT18

Hello. I have the same issue with our iPads, and was hoping to find a helpful reply to the original question. Unfortunately, the responder clearly did not read the question at all. The user did NOT have trouble connecting to the network, as both links address, but with RE-connecting to the same network after initially connecting.

After connecting with our hidden network successfully, our iPads fail to re-connect and the network must be added again. The iPad retains the password, though, so only the network name needs to be added. I should point out that none of our Android phones, Chromebooks, or Microsoft PCs have this issue, so this software issue is unique to Apple with relocating a previously connected hidden network.

Nov 21, 2020 2:32 PM in response to LeKaSeng

Hi there, LeKaSeng! Thank you for posting your situation to the Apple Support Communities. We know that staying connected is important, so we can understand why you are reaching out for support. We’re happy to help you!

To start, we’d like to provide you with an Apple Support resource that explains how you should connect to hidden Wi-Fi networks: 

Connect to a hidden Wi-Fi network on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you continue to notice the same problem after following these instructions, please use the following troubleshooting steps:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

We hope that this information helps you find a solution. 

Cheers! 

Hidden SSID - disconnecting and forgets the credentials

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.